Monday, May 14, 2012

Journal

Monday, May 14, 2012




Riding America’s highways outside of the box can be exhilarating, scary, and sometimes dangerous. I am in Covington, Ga. right now in a very cheap hotel. Hotels can be cheap, but adequate. This is skimming the bottom. The AC works, but barely, and not without a grinding effort. The room is musty. But the bathtub is clean and the sheets appear the same. So, I will stay the night, get up early, and try to make it to Wilmington tomorrow. I see by the weather report that it might storm there, so maybe another cheap hotel is in the picture.



This morning I had some orange juice and coffee at a Mickey D’s (they all have WiFi) and sat outside with some homeless men who were having some sort of gathering. They were quite salty in their language and one had a small dog. They were talking about what they needed. To a man, a V was high on the list. How often have I said with a little too much pride, that we don’t have a TV. With us it’s a choice, not so with them. The group dissolve each going in separate directions looking for rides to nowhere. As I headed on to the Interstate, the man with dog was walking up the ramp.



We are so fortunate.

Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...