Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Doctors and Zazenkai


With palms together,

Good Morning Everyone,



This morning brings a visit to my neurologist who will give me results of the imaging series I had a few weeks ago. As a result of the cardiac testing, I had a sneak peak which revealed no significant brain change and some arterial build-up in the carotid arteries. The build-up is not significant, they say. We will see what neurology has to say and the heart catheterization I will undergo Tuesday of this week. So, Tuesday’s Temple activities will be postponed until next week when we will tackle the first section of the Bendowa.



We will practice Zazen at 9:30 AM. I should be able to get to Temple in time, assuming my neurologist is not too awfully talkative. Also, this Saturday is Zazenkai. Rev. Soku Shin and I will practice from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM. If you wish to join us, please email me ASAP as our Tenzo assistant, Shelley Tenborin will need a count.



Last night’s guest teacher presentation by Rev. Mumun was excellent. He told us of Zen Master Seung Sahn, his lineage’s history, and did a wonderful job presenting koan work as exemplified in the Korean Zen tradition of his lineage’ founder. It was very good to hear the stories I often tell coming from a different perspective. I am reminded that we should not be wedded to views.



It is time now for us to walk the dogs, Suki and Binky, and then visit the medical world. I will be happy to sit on the cushion this morning afterwards.



Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...