Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29


With palms together,

Good Morning Everyone,



Today concludes our three week commitment to Peace Camp here in Las Cruces, NM. Each morning at 8:30 AM we offered meditation training to children participating in Peace Camp. It has been, as always, a joy to do this practice. Children are often the most receptive of students, although, on occasion (as was the case this year) there are a few who are such wiggle worms that they find the practice too much to bear. In their presence, my own mind wanders.



This wandering mind catches me in my complacency and teaches me that I am only as far along the way as the next breath allows. Wiggle worm children became my most excellent teachers, then, offering themselves and their discomfort as questions to be addressed through my practice.



Notice. Let go. Learn. Such a deal!



Today: Peace Camp at 8:30, Morning Zazen at 9:30, and Evening Zazen at 6:00 PM.



A reminder: Zazenkai from 9:00 to 4:00 next Saturday the 6th of August. So far, only one reservation. If you plan to attend, please email me. Thank you.



Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...