Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 19

With palms together,

Good Morning Everyone,



This morning I wrote a note and thoroughly bored myself with my own words. Zen words are boring. They are often sophomoric. Zen words are empty and too often without real world connection. Words. Just words. Like dead leaves on a concrete floor.



I have been writing Zen words now for over ten years on my blog. What arrogance. Maybe I had to do that to get here. Enough.



I think it would be best if I just wrote about my life as it is and as it unfolds. Maybe there is the best, high-class Zen in that. Forget the Zen words. They get you into trouble.



This morning I woke to love.

This morning the moon was high

This morning Suki needed to go out early while still dark.

This morning we walked along the irrigation canal.

This morning mosquitoes had their breakfast on my calves.

Is there anything more that can be said?

Time for peanut butter on toast and espresso coffee.



Be well.

2 comments:

vicki.reithel said...

Namaste,

Lovely awakening here as well. The morning enthusiasm expressed each day by my dogs is 'daily entry' that I am grateful for. Arose to sunshine and buzzing creatures nourishing themselves on the butterfly shrub. Yes...it is life itself that moves, and to be engaged with that as it happens is utmost experience.
most grateful to be-
vicki

don botello said...

great fire sky breathing con
royal blood dripping sky mind
prestige and influence pshychological paths of destruction
echo mind fire sky zen master appears and disappears ha ha

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...