Sunday, February 06, 2011

Moving

With palms together,


Good Morning Everyone,



Morning is less cold and we put away most of the kitchen last night. The garage is still with boxes and bags, but it is manageable. Clothes are in the closets. Bathrooms are in order.



Our thanks to Yubao and Dai Shugyo for their assistance and also to others who made generous offers for the use of their trucks. Moving always brings to the front of our minds underlying issues. Home, order, ability to tolerate disarray, that sort of thing. I think, since I have been moving often, I am relaxing more into the process. It is less and less disconcerting. Practice is a good thing!



So, this morning I put away a few more things, sat on the sofa with Soku Shin and Suki, and enjoyed their company as I sipped a cup of coffee. The house can wait a bit and soon the Temple will call me to get up off the sofa and go take care of it. I will.



At 9:00 AM this morning we will sit Zazen. I would like to see you there. Sitting in a group is an excellent and sustaining practice. It’s just not the same to practice alone.



Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...