Monday, November 01, 2010

The Non-duality Rag

With palms together


Good Morning Everyone,



The Non-duality Rag

So, this morning a cold wind

slipped across my skin

from the open window.

I snuggled with Suki.

She, too, seemed to feel it

and sought the warmth

of my body.

We care.

That is a good thing.



Last night

I watched a documentary

by the Dalai Lama

on the Four Noble Truths.

In his introductory comments,

as he so often does,

he said every world religion

has the potential to create nice human beings.

He defined this “nice”

as being caring and compassionate.



Yes, our practice

is to manifest care and compassion.

We are nice.

Such a way of being

requires others.

Without others,

no compassion is possible.

Without others,

no caring is possible.

Others are essential.



This is why we can say

there is no caring

and there is no compassion.

There is just

caring and compassion.

I cannot care for you; I care.

I cannot be compassionate for you; I am compassion.



Then it gets really weird:

where is this “I” that cares?

Seeking this so-called I,

it cannot be found.

Just a whisper

in my mind’s ear,

“here I am!”



Where? Nowhere.



Shall we live by a whisper?

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...