Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Silence

With palms together,


Good Morning Everyone,





Last night I sat in the darkened Zendo for some time. The Refuge has a bid on it and I spent a good deal of time mourning it’s loss. The house provided shelter in deep snow, coolness in summer heat, and solitude when most needed. It is time to move on.



Zen is about staying awake in the present. My Teacher thinks I have been a bit cloudy of late. He says he is worried about me. Master-to-Master, we sit loving each other. A bow to him.



I am not worried and I see clearly. It’s the dealing with what is seen that is at issue. So, I take a little piece of cloud and chew it up. Now another. And another.







When the field is open

And the sky is infinite,

Sun and moon

Mind them selves.

The bell, about to ring,

Makes no sound.

The sun is about to rise:

I sip my coffee.



daiho







Be well.

2 comments:

Rizal Affif - The Soul Sanctuary said...

I am compelled how you treat emotion like mourning, Roshi. You did not reject it by saying it is illusion; you admitted it honestly, faced it mindfully, and moved on.

A very nice example to most people.

Thanks :)

Mark Drew said...

Trike misses you

Metta

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...