Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mokusho Zen, Part Six

With palms together,


Good Morning Everyone,



There are birds. I hear them as they speak. Their sound is my sound: one. Where are they?



What a nonsensical question! In a formless field of emptiness, there is no “where”: “they” and “me” do not exist independently.



I eat my morning toast with all beings:

You eat your eggs and bacon with all beings.

Sun, moon stars, wind and rain;

Trucks, roads, refineries, sales clerks, cooks, and dishwashers;

Pigs, farmers, chickens, worms, ladybugs, ants, and bacteria;

Everything is here now with us as we enjoy this moment together.



When we practice Mokusho Zen, which is to say, living awake in the everyday, every moment world, we reside in this field free and easy, and live for the benefit of all beings.



Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...