Friday, April 02, 2010

Bones

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,

The morning air is chilly again and my bones ache as I roll over in my sleeping bag bed in my empty room. I wait eagerly for summer as my body feels so much better when it is warm and sweaty.

There is an old koan that talks about no hot, no cold. When we are in a centered place, the place of prajna paramita, a place of just this breath with no discernment, there is, indeed, no hot or cold. Yet, this place also has hot and cold: So, when hot, get cooler; when cold, get warmer. The truth of Zen is that both are true simultaneously. The Absolute Truth contains the Relative Truth and the Relative Truth contains the Absolute Truth.

So what?

When my bones ache, I take an anti-inflammatory pill. I do so without judgment, discernment, or second-guessing. To live this way is to live at one. At the top of the hundred-foot pole we step out in complete faith.

Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...