Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Knowing You

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,
The coffee is now brewing. I have washed up, offered incense, and sat zazen. Next, will be drink the coffee, do short yoga, shave an already shaved head, and shower. In between, you.

With whom am I speaking each morning? I often wonder about this. A writer writes with someone in mind. This writing is no different. I think it is a genre called creative non-fiction, though I am sure it is all fiction as it is what I create out of my perceptions, thoughts, and feelings.

So, when I sit down to write, what is the “you” I am writing? Is it someone specific? Is it the Everyman? Or is it myself? Are these the same or different? Is it necessary to know?

For me, I write to shin. That is to say, mind/heart. With each moment, I breathe in, closing my eyes, experiencing myself, allowing the snow in the globe to settle as I release my breath. Clear Mind. In that clarity, there you are.

Be well.

1 comment:

Rizal Affif said...

I never question about that, Roshi. But now that you brought it up, it comes to my awareness, too.

Nice rhetoric, beautifully written too. I can sense your clear mind through your writings.

Thanks for sharing, Roshi :)

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...