Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Clear Mind Zen

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,

Sitting this morning in my personal Zendo, the incense calls me to stillness. I have just performed Teihatsu No Ge, shaving my head to free myself from attachments. I do this every three days. It is an important ritual in the Zen lexicon.
Some people close to me believe I am making myself ugly. Perhaps. However, I see a buddha opening in the mirror before me. The reflection is a personal reminder of who I am and why I am here. Teihatsu No Ge is an action of divestment of personal interest.
A Zen Buddhist priest (or lay member) in the Order of Clear Mind Zen teaches through example. We live a life of study, contemplation, social action, and work. We also live in relationships with others, as we are a lay order, not a monastic order.
This Order is open to anyone willing to dedicate themselves to the Three Pure Precepts:
1. Cease Doing Evil
2. Do Good
3. Bring About Abundant Good for All Beings
We are not affiliated with Soto Shu in Japan. We are our own authority established through my Master, Rev. Hogaku McGuire-roshi and his Master, Rev. Dr. Soyu Matsuoka-roshi.
May we each be a blessing in the Universe.

Be well.

2 comments:

Rizal Affif said...

I see Buddha in the mirror,
I see Buddha in you.
I see Buddha in everything... it seems :D

Anonymous said...

HH: You don't have any problems with ugliness. Unless it is your wife that thinks so. Then you have a big problem. I would defer to her wishes. NingĂșn problema.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...