Saturday, January 23, 2010

May We Be a Blessing

With palms together,

Good Morning Everyone,



Morning of the only day there is

opens in silence.

My breath is slow and steady.

My heart opens to you.

Breathing in, I take in our suffering,

breathing out, I offer us my love.



But there is so very much suffering

and yet I am serene.



Last night

at a Rabbi's house

We said a blessing,

ate a lovely meal,

and settled in to watch.

a film

.

It was about an IED unit in Iraq.

And demanded recall:



war is far more than a nasty word...



The energy of deep compassion

Set a-swirl, like the stars in the sky

in a drunken night...i chant,

Everything is precious.


All my past and harmful karma...

Born from beginningless greed, hate, and delusion,

Through body, speech, and mind,

I now fully avow...



Scotch helps.

As does zazen.

Breathing in,

breathing out.



It is morning.

and I have not slept much.

I sit in the zendo and listen.



The sky is still dark

But the swirls have

become gentle streams.

Vast wings

enfold all beings

and I release myself

into them.



Let war be no more, let love be your light.



Be well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... thank you.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...