Sunday, January 03, 2010

Going No Where

With palms together,
Good Evening Everyone,

Having just returned from the Refuge, had dinner, washed the dishes, and done the laundry, I am now sitting quietly in my small Zendo. I chanted the Hanya Shin Gyo and deeply experienced its truth. There is something about that sutra that gets me every time. I just get caught in the sound of the drum and the drone of the characters. Or should I say,a self that never was drops away to allow a Self that always was to emerge. Star-stuff.

Of a sudden, there is no thing else, just the sound: just he beat, the bell, the breath.

This is as it should be. A wake-up in the middle of nothing to go no where for no thing. Just to be is enough. I often forget that.

Granddaughter Sammi took my iPhone outside this evening. I have a "Planets" app on it and she can take a 3D look at the horizon and pick out the constellations. She also took son Jason's Camaro out and learned to do donuts or something with her father's skilled guidance. She learned there are marvels in just standing under the sky, as well as in driving oneself across the desert floor only to feel the horses slide out from under her in sharp turns.

A wake up in the middle of no thing to go no where for no thing. That's what I am talking about: enjoy.


StreetZen in the morning at 10:30 AM, Veteran's Park. Zazen at the Roshi's Zendo each morning at 6:30 AM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another good program for the iPhone if she is interested in looking at the stars is called Distant Suns... and it's free to download.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...