Monday, January 04, 2010

Going No Where Again

With palms together,

Good Morning Everyone,



Groundhog day. I just wrote a marvelous little note on Going No Where, Version Two, and in the spellcheck, refreshed the page and lost the entire post. Reconstruction never works. So, I will begin afresh.



More or less.



I have thought to myself often, "I'm going no where". I wonder now what that really means. To say such a thing points to a dream, a fantasy, that has no reality except in my mind. It is also a set-up for disappointment, as life never is as it is in our mind's eye.



In truth there is no where to go. The only place we are (at this moment) is here, now, with me. If we allow ourselves room in our brain for another place to go, we are pushing out our true reality, our actual life, in favor of a thought. In so doing we lose our life. Not a good idea. Worse, a bad reality,



So, here is the thing. Whatever is your life, embrace it. Make it whole. Allow no spaces for somewhere else to enter. To manipulate an old saying: "When walking walk, when dreaming dream, when sitting sit, above all;, don't get things confused.."



Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...