Saturday, September 05, 2009

Silence

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,

This morning I will miss streetZen as I have an obligation that takes me away at that time. Life is like that. Things happen and we meet them along the way. Do we meet them with grace? In this particular case, yes. However, sometimes receiving and enfolding challenges in silence is all we can muster. Grace? I doubt it. But not resistance either. In such moments we easily assess where our hearts are. Although we know they are the hearts of a buddha, they beat alone. Inside this butsudan of a body, the chamber offers light and moisture. The echo of buddha may seem hollow. But it is the pervasive silence that is the matter. Let it become warm in the glow of the candlelight and open to enfold the world.

Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...