Saturday, August 22, 2009

Feathers

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,
The time is 4:56. I have been sitting in my small zendo for a half hour, with the exception of the time it took to get the coffee pot going. In another half hour I will get up from this cushion and go for a walk/run, then clean the kitchen, then go to streetZen, then go to services at Temple Beth -El. This afternoon, I need to prep my classes for Sunday's Academy. And this evening a special havdalah service at White Sands National Park.

All are just one thing in front of another. Some may happen, some may not: no worries.

Some of you wrote to me about my equanimity. Thank you. This duck has mastered floating a long time ago. Yet, still occasionally he gets his feathers all a-fluff. Like any bird, though, in the blink of an eye, all feathers are back in place.

When our feathers are in place, our mind follows.

Be well.



Harvey So Daiho Hilbert-roshi
On the web at: http://www.clearmindzen.org
Telephone: 575-405-8522

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...