Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shift

With palms together,
Good Morning Everyone,

We are awake and moving this morning with a lot to pack into a small car. Our trip to the Refuge will be leisurely (my morning mantra) and stress free (my promise). He-he-he.

Anyway, preparing for anything can be stressful. We imagine all sorts of things. Some of us imagine bad things (I forgot the corkscrew), others of us, good things (let's enjoy being together), and depending on your type, so goes your journey.

I have for years been the 'bad things' type, only recently...with the help of a Zen practice...moved over incrementally to the 'good things' type. Maybe my meds help as well, to be really honest :). And I have noticed as I shift that sometimes others have a hard time with the shift itself. Old perceptions, you know, are a challenge to change, but we continue along this wonderful journey anyway.

We are going to the Refuge to host a retreat for Temple Beth El's Religious School. We have nearly thirty people coming, I hear. (Beating away the 'Bad things' thoughts) I look forward to seeing everyone and enjoying their company. I am looking forward to hiking, sitting around a fire at night, watching the stars, and watching others enjoy the Refuge itself.

May good things rule!

See ya!

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...