Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Something Simple

With palms together,
Good Afternoon All,

Today something simple. We have returned home and are settling in. The flights were easy and as always, I enjoyed people watching and reading, peppered with a little conversation with My Little Honey.

I had an opportunity on both the outward bound and inward bound flights to slowly read through some of one of my favorite books, Opening the Hand of Thought by Uchiyama-roshi. I will share some thoughts about the text with you in a bit.

For now, please enjoy this moment. Practice zazen earnestly and with the right attitude. Consider the infinite. Consider the finite. If, as Zen suggests, nothing is born and nothing dies, how do we distinguish these?

Be well.

No comments:

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...