Friday, October 27, 2006

A Blog of Interest, Hmmm

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

My Yahoo360 Blog is being featured this month by Yahoo as one of their interesting blogs. Goodness, my mailbox was very full with comments, requests for connection, and congratulations. I am practicing several of those pesky paramitas just now.

The air has definitely taken a turn for the colder side of things. It feels good. I laundered my sweatshirts and have located my sweaters. In the desert southwest we need little more than than. My robes are warm and I enjoy them in the Zendo.

A shaved head does require a hat. I prefer those knitted sock thingies, sort of like a mitten for the brain. My Little Honey often thinks I look ridiculous. I think I'm cool...well, warm, actually.

Be well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harvey san, I am having trouble lately sitting for my intended period. I was sitting for a 1/2 hour in the morning, then changed it to 40 mins. but during the last 10 mins now I am bothered by numbness in my legs. is 40 mins at a time worth the discomfort? or I should try getting in the extra time in another shorter session? It might be my new buckwheat brick that is causing my numbness. don't know..

also in the evening I do not set a timer. I just sit until i quit. this is usually about 1/2 the length of my morning session. I have had problems nodding out at night. do you recommend a specific length of time per sitting, per day? how do you schedule your zazen?

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...