Monday, August 28, 2006

Living in a Cartoon

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

The 5:00 AM bell seemed to come right on time this morning. Awake, I hit the floor and dressed for a morning walk with My Little Honey and the pups. Off we went before the light came over the mountains. I did a power sort of walk ahead with Tripper who seems to run standing still. We did 1.8 miles. A quick shower and off to Zen Center for morning zazen. Vicky was there with me and the Center was so blissfully quiet.
From there to home. I fixed a problem with our sutra book and will print new inserts for both the Heart Sutra and the Hanya Shin Gyo pages (larger print and a bell placement). A trip to the gym for a chest, back, and ab workout, then breakfast of a protein shake and two slices of whole wheat toast with a small glass of V-8 juice completed my morning.

Now, its time to blog.

We had a nice turn out at Zen Center yesterday and a great lunch afterwards. Thank you everyone.

Whoops! Out of the corner of my eye the top of the kitty litter box scrambled in a panic across the hall! It seems Tripper, the ever eager litter eater (yuk!) got himself caught inside the box, freaked, and ran with the top over him. Goodness.

What a morning.

Be well.

1 comment:

buenacompa said...

That was funny I could picture poor Tripper running with the lid on him. I wish I had as healthy a regime. I got up drove to Albuquerque, went to two classes, drove home, went to straighten out car insurance and came home to talk an hour to a friend in England. I enjoyed your post it made me smile. Thank you for accepting my friend's request.
Katherine

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...