Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Create Peace in Your Life

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

We are in Port St. Lucie, Florida and are staying at the Holiday Inn. It is a nice hotel and the weather is wonderful. I have found the humidity at sea level to be a bit uncomfortable, but have adjusted by taking it easy. After a long time at the pool swimming and reading...and a rather large meal (Boca Burger and a banana split), I relaxed in bed and went to sleep.

Of course, this means I am now awake early. I downloaded the pictures from our camera, made my "Yahoo 360" note and "Blast." I am about ready to sit Zazen.

Let us all pray that we human beings stop fighting each other. There is so much beauty in the world, so much to do, and so little time to actualize it. It is difficult to build civilizations while destroying others. So difficult to love people when we are killing them.

In all of our actions today, let us be peace.

How difficult is this? For some who are carrying a heavy load of fear and suspicion, it is very difficult. We must each practice Zazen, practice dropping away body and mind, experience the Universe, in order to begin. We must each be that which we most highly value. Model that which we want to see.

I know I still struggle with this. As a human being, feelings and thoughts are tightly bound and rise up like lightning to become behavior. Flashpoints are everywhere, like little minefields. So, we must be vigilant and determined.

With practice my peace is yours, and yours, mine.

Be well.

1 comment:

Deb said...

What a beautiful closing note. Thank you.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...