Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Stirring the Dust

With palms together,
Good Morning All,
 
We shared a few really nice hours with friends yesterday around and in their pool. Eating and drinking iced tea and lemonade, swimming and floating in the pool, all are good things. But the best part is sharing with others.
 
Someone suggested that I should back off a little at the synagogue, that I was alienating others as a new kid on the block coming in and taking over. Its funny how organizations are so often like this. Intentions are one thing, perception is a whole other thing. Sometimes an organization grows stale, it languishes in inertia, then someone comes in and stirs the dust and all the particles get upset.  I understand this.  I see myself as a catalyst sometimes whose destiny is to be a stirrer of dust.  
 
Well, the dust has been stirred. I am willing to sit down and see what new patterns emerge.
 
Meanwhile, the Zen Center is thriving. We had three new people from El Paso visit Sunday and were nearly at capacity.
 
This is so even over the summer when people are often away for this vacation and that vacation. I am pleased.
 
We will continue to work on making this a vital center of Zen practice. Please feel free to join us.
 
Be well.


Harvey So Daiho Hilbert, Ph.D. 
May All Beings Be Free From Suffering
On the web at:
 


Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would really like to join you one morning harvey-san.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...