Monday, July 24, 2006

Freedom

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

May all beings be free from suffering.

I repeat this short prayer every time I put my palms together in gassho. It is attached to each email post. Like the Tibetan prayer wheel, it is launched by my breath and my touch into the universe.

I recognize that this being, "I", am a suffering being, with all suffering beings. In truth we are one being completely. So to free one being, frees all beings, just as my behavior defines a set of possibilities for all other human beings, and their behavior, mine. There were great and fundamental truth in the basic statements of the existentialists.

Just so, it is not enough to say, we must do. In the doing we are being, never becoming.We are what we do.

So, this morning "do" love, "do" peace, "do" complete oneness.

These things then become realities for us all.

Be well.

1 comment:

Deb said...

What an absoutely beautiful post! Thank you!

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...