Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Being

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

Being in suffering, I walk recklessly. Being in suffering, my attention is on my pain. Being in suffering, I need to escape my pain. Being in suffering I cannot feel for others.

Being at peace, I walk lightly upon the earth. Being at peace, I am mindful of my actions and my speech. Being at peace, love has an opportunity to exist.

Through practice, develop the wisdom and insight to know these are both seeds within each of us and that they are of the same source. Our path is to begin with one and conclude with the other.

Be well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harvey-san, Thank you. I believe that is true. As we approach peace we are also approaching suffering and as we approach suffering we are also approaching peace.

Anonymous said...

So Daiho, this ranks up there with anything written by the most famous teachers. You consistently amaze and inspire me. Thank you for sharing your journey with us all.

Gassho, Rita

Daiho Hilbert-Roshi said...

Hello Jeff, Rita, A deep bow to each of you. It takes two to share a journey. Aren't we fortunate to have three.
Be well.

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...