Thursday, May 25, 2006

Just do

With palms together,
Good Morning All,

So, you are busy. Too busy to take good care of yourselves. And then you die. Whatever you were busy with no longer matters a whole lot.

The most important thing?

In the meantime life happens. Between the tasks, at the stoplight, during a break, sipping a cup of water, just before you speak, these are the moments we are most awake these days. The rest of the time life seems not to be our own. We place ourselves on autopilot and just get through.

This is no way to live.

Stop it. Live in every moment, as you do your task, do it completely; as you drive, drive mindfully; as you speak, speak with care. This is not difficult, but it does take practice. Sometimes you will be there, sometimes not. Its OK, just do.

Be well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack..! I've spent the last two hours trying to live in the moment--and now I haven't gotten any of my work done!

|D

LOL

I crack myself up.

Thank you for your kind and wise words, roshi.

Daiho Hilbert-Roshi said...

Oh my, another one caught on top of that old pole.

Saurabh Banerjee said...

Is this just a play of words?
How to live in the moment without fully engaging myself in the task?
WHen I engage myself fully, I forget myself. How to maintain mindfulness when I am working? What is your experience with mindfulness?

Featured Post

The First Bodhisattva Vow

With palms together, On the First Bodhisattva Vow: "Being are numberless, I vow to free them." The Budd...